No, this isn’t normal. A battery which isn’t in an electronic circuit shouldn’t react. However a loose battery in your pocket can be short-circuited by metallic objects, such as keys or loose change. This would provoke a rapid discharge of the battery and it would heat.
Yes this is perfectly normal. When the battery recharges, this provokes the opposite chemical reaction to when it discharges, this dissipates heat as a side product.
Some rechargeable batteries will lose in storage capacity with time and need to be recharged only when fully discharged. We call this the “memory effect”. This is NOT the case for our NiMH batteries. These can be placed to recharge without fully discharging them first without losing any of the batteries capabilities.
NiMH batteries can be recharged hundreds of times without losing capacity.
Kodak’s battery chargers are designed for electric grid systems at 110V and 220V. They are not interchangeable. Therefore a battery charger from Europe working for 220V shall not work in the US where a 110 V charger is required.
Only recharge batteries intended to be recharged such as Kodak’s NiMH batteries. Be careful to follow the charging instructions of the charger. Badly placing one of the batteries in the charger can cause an over discharge of a battery and cause a leak or rupture. In the same way as when you use the batteries, you shouldn’t attempt to charge batteries of different types at the same time in the same charger.
We recommend storing your batteries in a dry place at room temperature. It isn’t necessary to refrigerate your batteries. Be aware that cold temperatures can cause the chemical process powering the battery to slow down. Therefore the device won’t necessarily run at full performance rate (for example: your flashlight may not shine as bright as usual). Avoid also high temperatures as that will degrade the battery.
Never place a battery in a fire. It could rupture or explode, causing safety risk.